Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Our new toy...


So two weekends ago we decided to build our kids a new playhouse/swingset. Brenten has been obsessed with wanting a "treehouse" however we have no trees! We try and tell him that by the time any trees we plant would grow big enough and strong enough to support a treehouse, he will likely a)not live here anymore, or b) not really care about tree houses anymore or c)all of the above!! The directions call for two above average skilled adults to spend 24-30 hours building this...Nick felt that he could throw this thing up in no more than 5 or 6 hours--by himself! He actually got it up in only two days...but tried to kill himself in the process...he worked really hard. The kids LOVE it...the saddest part was that it got finished and the next day came the rain...and we've had off and on rain ever since! There have been a few good days though and they run out to play at any chance!
Lexie loves her swing, and her slidy slide!
There is a ladder on the other side, but both feel that you
need to climb the rockwall/ladder and crawl through the
tunnel to get to the slide/playhouse!
Lexie is holding a fruit by the foot...they both think this is
the perfect place for snacks and lunch!

14 comments:

mel said...

How fun! My kids are so excited to come and play on it. Your kids look so cute and happy to have it.

PS- Lex is SSOOOOOO cute singing that song. My girls love that show and song too!

adrienne said...

I am so jealous! That is one of the things on my giganormous list to get for our house. Where did you get yours at?

Brook said...

That's awesome, it's amazing how much entertainment those things provide. Have the neighbors seen yet, cause when they do you'll have to start chasing them away with a broom stick

Steffy said...

Looks like fun. I'm sure they entertainment themselves for hours with that.

Mrs. M said...

It is BEAUTIFUL!!! Good job Nicholas!! and Lexie did a wonderful job singing..... you are so very clever!! I feel proud that I introduced you to blogging to help with my homework!! You have definitely taken it to new heights!! Love....Mom

Shaunna said...

I'm jealous, my kids would love to have a playset in their backyard, only their backyard is not big enough to fit one of those in it. Maybe someday...We'll have to come visit and play on yours.

mybanburlery's said...

hey girlie... here are a few more links..specifically for the new in colors as well as some sneak peaks for the new catalog:

http://andreawalford.com/?p=536

http://www.stampingsherrie.com/2008/04/back-from-the-s.html

http://pattystamps.typepad.com/pattys_stamping_spot/2008/04/bermuda-cruise.html

also here are a few for some cool stuffs that i have seen recently:

http://www.ellenhutson.com/servlet/the-Embellishments-cln-Dew-Drops/Categories

http://www.ellenhutson.com/servlet/the-Embellishments-cln-Fun-Fluff/Categories

http://www.ellenhutson.com/servlet/the-124/Creative-Candy-Clear-Stickers%2C/Detail

http://www.ellenhutson.com/servlet/the-136/Creative-Candy-Twinkle-Stickers%2C/Detail

okay... yes i am obsessed!!

Rickie said...

How much fun! My kids saw it and Afton said "Mommy I want one of those." Love the music provided by Lexi. She's so cute!

Lauree said...

hey lady...i changed my page here is the new address:

http://meliketocraft.blogspot.com/

also here are a few links that i thought you might likee:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/paperbow.php

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ee/index.php/resources/tutorials/bleached_out_images/

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ee/index.php/resources/tutorials/emerging_color/

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ee/index.php/resources/tutorials/sour_cream_container/

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ee/index.php/resources/tutorials/party_favor1/

http://mochamemories.typepad.com/mocha_memories/2008/03/index.html

ok... that is probably more than you want. also i think this is a cool idea... but this ladies is not my type. it could be a fun thing to do for our club night.

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ee/index.php/resources/tutorials/tile_coasters/

okay bye bye!!

Belinda Olsen said...

I love Lex singing on your blog!

Morrells said...

That looks like so much fun! I want to get my kids one like that where did you get it?

Also I can't believe you, you are such a wonder woman! That cake you made for Delaney's party is way too cute! You rock!

Holly said...

I love it!!. . .and you said it wasn't very big. . .I know everyone else has all ready said it, but Lexie is very cute singing!! Good job!!

Lauree said...

here is my latest color challenge!

http://meliketocraft.blogspot.com/2008/06/color-inspiration-11.html

abunchofballs said...

Yeah...Nick worked really hard on that...he is so talented, I wonder how he did that so fast all on HIS own... :-)