Monday, June 30, 2008

Our "TRUE" Cowboy.....Brenten



Brentens ride.....On Friday June 20, we went down to Pleasant Grove for the Strawberry Days Rodeo, Brenten had signed up for the Mutton Busting and came in full cowboy attire...complete with a "big ol' belt buckle" We checked in at the gate and he wandered around and saw all of the bulls up close. When it came time to enter the shoot and put on his vest and helmet he was a little worried that he would have to trade in his cowboy hat for a helmet. Luckily the rodeo people told him he could wear his hat. He was still a little leery but he wanted to ride "for his sister" he knew Lexie was sitting in the stands waiting for her cowboy brother to ride the sheep. They announced his name and out he came from the shoot clinging to the back of that sheep...he had a great ride and scored 66 (yeah who knows what that means exactly) but he was awarded a Tshirt from a rodeo princess and walked away a "true cowboy" afterall his hat stayed on even after the ride!

Here's our little cowgirl entering the rodeo...


Contemplating the big ride....
Our Rodeo Princess

9 comments:

adrienne said...

They look so cute in their cowboy hats! I am so glad you're thinking of joining in on the sugar detox. I've done it before and it is a lot easier this time going through it with others and having a support group rooting for you. If you decide to join you'll have to join Amy's blog so that you can post how you are doing.

The Barth Family said...

oh my goodness! he is so brave! And that is the cutest thing ever. I bet Lannah would love doing that. How fun! Your pictures are awesome too!

Mrs. M said...

Great photos Shel! I LOVE Brenten contemplating the big ride! You should enter that one in some kind of a contest ~ I don't know where, but I'm sure it would win. I also loved the play by play action photos of his 'ride.' And of course, we KNOW Lexie was a beautiful rodeo princess!! Love....

Brook said...

Oh my gosh would you please dress them like that all the time, it's so adorable. Oh and I'm mad at you, you were in town and you didn't call

Steffy said...

Hey, I love the pictures. Way to go Brenten. It looks like you guys have been busy.

talk to you later,
Steffy P

Jamie Ball said...

Brenten, you are way awesome. It sure is good of you to do nice things for your sister like that. Yee Haw!

Alicia Atwater said...

How fun!!....Cameron would have loved that. I will have to look into it next year.

adrienne said...

First of all, I can't get over how cute your kids look in their cowboy/cowgirl clothes! Secondly, I am so excited you are joining in on the sugar free craze! You should do a post on your blog to let everyone know what you are doing because that really helps keep you motivated knowing that others will want to know how you are doing. And you should join the blog that my friend Amy created. It really helps to have a place to vent or share your triumphs with other women who know exactly how you feel. She just needs your email address to set you up as a contributor. Good Luck!! I know you can do it! I have been feeling so great about how I'm doing and just about myself the last couple of days! (Sorry this was such a long comment!) :)

mel said...

What a great memory for Brenten. Your kids look so cute! Good job Brenten!