So on Saturday Nick once again had tickets to the Aggie game (they won!!) anyway so off he and Brenten went for some male bonding...Loo La and I were left to our own devices and after a little Dora and some pretty toes, we decided it was time for some chocolate...we made a DELICIOUS and I do me SCRUMPTIOUS chocolate cake...click
HERE for the recipe...anyway heres a few shots, I realize the photos aren't the best...and honestly the cake isn't the "prettiest" I've ever made..but oh it is SO good and pretty easy to make so I highly suggest...give it a try!
PS even before you start to look at the photos...I know I take and post WAY too many pictures...but enjoy then anyway!
Getting started..
Adding some ingredients...
Checking the progress
Chopping nuts...
Lexie was so proud she chopped them "all by herself"
And into the oven went the cake...
An hour later, it was baked, frosted and slightly cooled
and we had a bite...oh..yum! Too bad I didn't photo us enjoying our treat!
3 comments:
Looks yum! How cute that Lexie helps you. Max likes to "help" me too, which usually means licking the measuring cups and spoons right before I need them or spilling flour or sugar on the counter. It's fun to watch him get excited about cooking, though, and he always wants a taste of the batter, no matter what we make.
So cute! Lexie looks so happy. I bet she loves getting her toes painted, I know my girls do.
Seriously, Shelly, you bake with your baby, with ADORABLE aprons on . . . you have handy little house hold tips for those of us less informed than you . . . is there anything you DON'T do? Can you fly, too?
Post a Comment