Soccer season is still going strong....Brenten absolutely loves it, he has been having "a Ball"

(he he funny I know) Anyway he scored his first goal when Mom and Dad came to watch a couple of weeks ago. I have to explain the dollar thing...so he has been playing and playing well, but sometimes half way through the game he would kind of lose steam, well another boy on the team has a deal with his mom that he gets a dollar for each goal he kicks in, So we told Brenten we would honor the same deal with him...oh my heck that kid played with more power than we knew he had---sad that it took money to inspire him! But he did get a goal and therefore a dollar...however the deal was off after that and he has still continued to improve his game. I think he likes a little competition...I wish we could have videoed how the game went last week when he played against some kids in his class...yeah the kids are only 5 and 6 but oh wow they were competitive! It was hilarious...Brenten scored 2 goals that game!! He has four games left and then we are on to TBall...We are loving every minute!

When Mom and Dad came to visit, we took them on a hike to the Wind Caves...I haven't been on that hike since college and let me tell you either its harder than I remember or I am completely out of shape (yeah, lets not fool ourselves it's definately the latter of the two) But I think we all survived well...Brenten did the whole thing without help...Lexie did alright but that was probably because she pretty much had a ride up and down~ She liked to hike, she was just incredibly SLOW. It was fun though, even though it is supposed to be spring, we saw plenty of snow and not too much green yet...we'll have to hike it again when it is nicer.


We had a great Mother's Day ( I missed you Mom, I hope your day was great) Nick and Brenten put a cd player in my car---Yea!! My radio in its current condition was WAY getto...missing buttons, burned out lights...really sad! But I love my new one...and the best part is that we can play "How do you know.." (from Enchanted) every time we get in. (It's a personal fave of Lex) Brenten made me some cookie flowers in a flower pot and a card at school, and was so excited to give them to me...I have some pictures on a different camera I'll try and post later. So sweet.
Now we are almost through yet another week...time is cruisin' it seems! Brenten only has ONE MORE WEEK of school--I am dying!! How is that so?!!? I seems like he just started, and I am not ready for him to be done with Mrs. Reid yet! He has his Kindergarten Program on Tuesday and then testing on Thursday and then he's done! Wow....
Okay this was lots of talk, but hopefully you stuck through to the end...if not I totally understand! :)
Okay this was lots of talk, but hopefully you stuck through to the end...if not I totally understand! :)

8 comments:
Good job Shell ~ did you see the photos I put on our family blog? I'm glad Brenten is still having fun with soccer and getting ready for tee-ball! Your photos from our hike are great!! It was a fun hike!! I had and nice Mother's Day and I hope you did too ~~ I'm glad you are getting a new stereo! Love....
I was wondering what you had been up to the last couple of weeks! ;) I LOVE the new background. How did you find out how to it?
Loved the pictures as always!!! Fun new background too!
Sounds like you're as busy as ever. But at least you're having lots of fun. I like the dollar thing. Maybe I should try that with Afton and t-ball. She gets lazy towards the end of her games too. Love the new look!
I really like the look of your background!!! SUPER cute! I'm sad that I didn't work with you today but I hope that Nick has fun.
I love the dollar thing. Whatever it takes right? I love the pictures of the Windcaves. That is such a great hike. I totally miss Logan.
hey... here are a few links of things that i thought you might likee and that maybe would give you some ideas for the club.
http://pattystamps.typepad.com/pattys_stamping_spot/2008/05/popsicle-card.html
http://cateredcrop.typepad.com/lmacs_catered_crops/2008/05/mccalls-apron-pattern.html
http://cateredcrop.typepad.com/lmacs_catered_crops/2008/05/today-i-took-en.html
http://paperpleasing.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/05/stamped-to-go.html
http://inkartfromtheheart.blogspot.com/2008/03/carousel-notes-purse.html
http://chicnscratch.typepad.com/chic_n_scratch/2008/04/im-back.html
http://chicnscratch.typepad.com/chic_n_scratch/2008/02/card-of-the-w-2.html
also... thought that this chipboard post it note thingy was way cute.
http://heartfeltblessings.blogspot.com/2008/02/post-it-note-chipboard-pen.html
okay i found other things as well and some tutorials... so okay... i am sure that you think that i am crazy.
your blog is so cute! Sounds like you guys have been busy! I haven't seen you guys in a while, but life is just too busy sometimes. That is awesome that you took your kids on the wind caves hike. I haven't done it since college too. I'm sure I wouldn't make it to the top.
Post a Comment