Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Woosh...what a week!!

Hi All
So I am finally ready to chat...how are you? How was your Halloween? Did you survive? :) How's the weather-wait don't want an answer for me its raining and getting dangerously close to snow, am I ready for winter? ummm NO! But surprisingly now that Halloween is over I am not too concerned with the coming frigid weather that is common in my place of life...no actually (shh don't tell) I am getting slightly into the holiday spirit and snow goes right along with my frame of mind, in fact here's another secret...I even listened to Christmas music...two days in a row! Okay but first things first lets get back to last week...the days of the dead....dead-tired that is! We had a lot of fun with Halloween this year, usually I don't love this holiday that much and the last time that I can even recall having a desire to dress up was the Howl~yes ladies of room 401 you remember the Howl right??? Anyway this year one of my New Year's resolutions was to learn to sew, and along with that sew a costume for Halloween. My original goal was to make a witch costume and make my mom and sisters go to the Witches Festival at Gardners Village, but they are very busy, and then I was going to go with "gal pals" from Utah County to Witchapalooza (was it fun??) but as it turned out I couldn't make that either...but...drumroll please...I did get costumes (a Witch and her Scary Black Cat) sewn and I even wore it! A MILLION thanks to Mel for her help and patience in the process...couldn't have done it without you girl!! Anyway along with the costume sewing, we went to the Pumpkin Walk a totally cool pumpkin exhibit like thing, we had "Spooky Dinner" a few different nights, carved pumpkins, and we managed to squeeze in a birthday party or two. Oh yeah don't forget we also went to a Halloween Party and made treat bags..ooh the treat bags...for Brenten's class, Preschool, and Lexie's dance class. Throw in a trip to the neighbors to pick plums and make jam and dried fruit..Hmm what else oh yeah picked up extra shifts at work because my coworker had Jury Duty! Where does one find the time?!?! Seriously!! Anyway not all of our adventures the last week were film-digititally-documented but I snapped a few photos here and there...so here you are!
First a visit to the Pumpkin Patch...



I died laughing at Lexie, "Hello plumbers bum!"
Then onto "Spooky Dinner"



I didn't get a picture of everything, but we had Mummy Dogs, Mud and Bug bread (toast with peanut butter and raisens) green slime (jello) brains (just a pasta dish) and Witches Brew (sprite with lime sherbet)
Then onto the Pumpkin Walk, at the end of the walk there are a bunch of wooden cut outs for picture taking...there were a million people so we just snapped a few. The theme for this years pumpkin walk was Heros, there were exhibits for all kinds of heros from athletes and movie stars to teachers and firefighters, and from Superman to Mr. Incredible, Brenten and Lexie loved it.



The displays are really cool, everything is centered around pumpkins, I loved the elephants on this Noah is a Hero display...


Brenten's School had a Costume Parade on Halloween it was way windy but the kids had fun and looked great

A Witch and her Cat....the wind kept knocking my hat off my head...


Some of the many treat bags..this was the first round for Lexie's dance...25!


And last but not least..my jam...I was so proud...so I had to add it...

and whats jam without bread??


The dried plums...mmmm so good!
This was by far the longest post ever...I hope you stayed with it...if you did leave me a comment you definately deserve an award!!

6 comments:

Brook said...

You should have been wonder women for Halloween, I honestly don't know how you do it all, maybe I'm just lazy.

adrienne said...

You are so amazing! I'm so jealous of how cute you always make everything!!

mel said...

I went through withdrawal today! I kept waiting for you to come by for yet another project and a million things to cram into a week like we have been for the last few weeks, but nope. Instead I took a nap! Hahaha! Maybe we can do a million Christmas projects this month...

Shauna said...

I loved the plumber's bum, I bet her dad's is never this cute when he is fixing things. Thanks for the birthday treat. You guys are great.

Alicia Atwater said...

Your blog made my head spin just thinking about it. You will need to share your homemade bread recipe. I am looking for a good/easy wheat bread recipe if you have one.

Holly said...

Looks like lots of fun!!! Sorry we missed you this weekend. . .but Thanksgiving is only around the corner!! Have a great week!!